Six Unique Benefits of QStar Ultrasonic Flowmeters
- Ease of use: Quick-start Menu / Online Help / Online diagnostics.
- All-Inclusive-Concept: Flowmeter / Heat Meter / Datalogger.
- AND-Technology: Anti-Noise-Deflector: The materials used in all ultrasonic transducers emit an ultrasonic signal reflection that creates "Noise." To reduce Noise, QStar’s Anti-Noise-Deflector Technology provides an acoustic mirror in which the transducer reflects noise signals, so they do not disrupt the regular ultrasonic signal. The angle of reflection determines if the signal is (a regular ultrasonic signal or noise). The noise signal is not the same angle as the regular signal, and therefore reflected in the acoustic mirror. The reflected signals are absorbed into the transducer.
- AFC-Technology: Automatic Fluid Control: Refraction bends with velocity and an acoustic signal will change its angle. Sonic velocity is used to calculate the refraction angle of the signal path in the fluid in order to determine the correct position of the receiving transducers. If the sonic velocity of the fluid changes (changes in temperature or in composition of the fluid) the position of the transducer is no longer correct and causes a loss in accuracy. QStar’s Automatic Fluid Control Technology measures the sonic velocity of the fluid. Comparing this to the "original sonic velocity", it continuously calculates for any "miss-positioning" of the transducers. As such, AFC compensates for changes and provides good meter accuracy.
- On-Line-Diagnostics including oscilloscope mode: QStar offers diagnostic screens for the analysis of data which helps experienced users to handle challenging applications and enable the user to verify the quality and correctness of the ultrasonic measurement. In the diagnostic data venue the sonic velocity of the fluid is displayed. By comparing this data with literature data found in the QStar Owner's Manual, the user can qualify his measurement. The Signal Quality and the S/N-ratio are displayed to enable the user to ensure proper operation of the flowmeter. The Oscilloscope mode provides a visual check of the quality of the signal and to identify interfering or disturbing noise signals or ringing. Experienced users can delete such disturbing signals by using the oscilloscope mode.
- Coded Bursts / Cross correlation signal detection: Signal noise comes from various sources; frequency converters for pumps, pipe noise, signal scattering from particulate or gas bubbles, etc. QStar’s Cross Correlation Signal Detection uses state-of-the-art signal coding and detection algorithm to identify the valid signal sent from the flowmeter and effectively filters out unwanted noise.